Monmouth Sports Chiropractic, PC
Specialty Taping (Rock Tape & Kinesio Taping)
Dr. Michael Carducci, DC
Specialized tape has been used for decades to promote healing and support athletic performance. The technique used to apply the tape is designed to promote healing, while also giving your muscles and joints the additional support and stability they need.
There are a number of benefits to Kinesio taping that far outweigh traditional taping methods of the past. These include:
- Muscle Support: Kinesio tape supports the muscle’s ability to contract. This can relieve any pain or fatigue felt in the muscle and prevents cramping.
- Joint Corrections: Using the tape properly will increase the range of motion in your joints and loosen your muscles.
- Self Healing: There is no medicine or drugs in Kinesio tape. It instead works by allowing your body to heal itself.
- Allowing flow of body fluids: Kinesio tape promotes and improves blood and lymphatic circulation. This will reduce inflammation in your body’s tissue.
For all athletes, weekend warriors, Crossfit participants, or even those who just need good support to help get through the day, this is the perfect product! This heat activated, self adhesive, water resistant tape can help address postural issues, maintain proper blood flow to target areas, decrease inflammation via lymphatic drainage to damaged tissues and even help take tension off irritated joints.
Rocktape has been utilized to help all types of athletes, hunters and the everyday working person to alleviate their problems. This tape is hypoallergenic and has a tight weave pattern that enables a muscle to snap back to its correcting position, while increasing efficiency and providing full range of motion.
Some areas of interest are:
- Achilles tendinitis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Rotator cuff
- Lower back issue
- Tennis and golf elbow
- Pain associated with pregnancy
- Jumper’s knee (PFS)
- ACL / MCL issues
- Groin and hamstring pulls
- Shin splints
- Quickly fatiguing muscles
- Postural correction
Specialty taping in Morganville, NJ, Staten Island, NY and Brooklyn, NY
To start your journey to optimal health and wellness, give us a call today! We gladly accept most insurance policies and have convenient hours including late nights and weekends.